To kick off this Google Ads series I’ll give you some beginning to advanced tips before diving into it in methodical order in the next blog. Many tips you’ll have research to make work but the “how to” is there plus you can call Google for free so don’t be shy.
- Have a Google representative walk you through setup and get the core settings right first
- Make sure you location settings accurately reflect the market you are targeting. You’d be surprised how many new businesses advertise (accidentally) nationwide when they just meant to keep it local
- In most cases you want to start off with Google Search Ads (vs Google Display Ads or YouTube Ads)
- Keep your cost per click conservative until you are able to determine the cost per click to have a first page ad
- The number Ad position often outperforms the #2 ad by about 55%
- Make sure you have at least three ads running (all different approaches) so Google can begin to optimize what works in your market
- Make sure you have a landing page – a real landing page before you even start your ad. See more on landing pages with our sister company EngineX Design.